Part of a strategic, state of the art trading platform. Wealth Management Trading Technology is building resiliency and redundancy using innovative solutions to support growth in the business volumes. Providing solutions that support multi-asset class trading, including Equities, Options, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, etc., this team strives to provide industry leading capabilities. The team is looking for a highly energetic and a seasoned developer, who will deliver strong technical solutions for a challenging trading environment.Key responsibilities of the role includes developing solutions and processes
Building the Solution Right
- The candidate will deliver features based on their knowledge of design/architectural patterns, and Agile/DevOps practices.
- This role ensures that the systems design and requirements are aligned to achieve the desired business outcomes, and that team practices and coding/quality principles are aligned to achieve the desired technology outcomes.
- One should have built significant experience through multiple software implementations and has developed both depth and breadth in a number of technical competencies.
Work Planning and Execution
- Designs, develops and is accountable for feature delivery, as an individual contributor.
- Applies enterprise standards for solution design, coding and quality.
- Ensure solution meets product acceptance criteria with minimal technical debt.
- Responsible for compliance and security items and audit support at the team level.
- Acts as a liaison for production activities/issues.
- Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline.
- Automates manual release activities.
- Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent working experience.
- Expert Level Understanding of OOPS fundamentals, CORE JAVA, Spring, Spring-Boot, and Related Technologies.
- Have experience of distributed Databases such as Cassandra (Desired) or MongoDB (acceptable).
- Experience with any of middleware technologies such as KAFKA, EMS, MQ, AMPS. Experience with KAFKA is preferred.
- Multi-Threading Concepts, Performance tuning, App Dynamics, Splunk logging
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol (quickfix) and prior OMS experience are big plus.