The successful candidate will drive the platform stability by providing production support for ever growing strategic Reference Data platform for global markets. Be responsible for real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services to bank’s customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
Adhere to enterprise Incident/Problem Management, Release/Deployment and Operational Readiness procedures. Lead triage calls, keeping the necessary focus on restoral, making sure all necessary teams are engaged and focused on their tasks, and providing updates to leadership and stakeholders regarding progress toward restoral. Role will act as an escalation point for critical issues, and manage follow up meetings to ensure follow up items are addressed efficiently. Review infrastructure and application changes.
Work closely with Technology Infrastructure teams, Development teams in supporting Integrated / Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades etc. Looks for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause. Must be flexible, adopt easily to changing priorities and be able to learn about a variety of technologies very quickly and focus on Operation Excellence.
Participate in DR and Resiliency planning and tests. The candidate will have direct interaction with global users as well as closely working with MAPS (Market Application Production Services) production support teams to drive operational consistency across the globe. This is a critical role requiring a motivated and flexible individual who must be confident and demonstrate the ability to show resilience when faced with demanding clients.
The candidate will work closely with development and infrastructure teams for new application onboarding to ensure application stability and reliability. Needs to be hands-on and be able to perform within a busy and pressurized environment. Required Skills:
- 5+ years of Application Production Support experience
- Operating systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris
- Programming languages: Python
- Scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- SQL (Intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, etc...) Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase
- Well-rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
- Automation and DevOps exposure: Geneos ITRS Geneos, Splunk, Ansible
- Knowledge of monitoring, automation
- Hands-on experience in Incident, problem and change management area
- Experience supporting Front/Middle Office Applications
- Good to have some business knowledge of Instrument and Party reference data
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Working experience of ITRS Geneos or similar monitoring product
- Able to identify risks and mitigation
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, capable of, providing technical solutions
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to contribute to Automation, System Analysis and Develop shared/common solutions
- Soft Skills: Must be a Team player, and Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Team player, good communication skills, being proactive, self-driven for support triaging
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Leads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technical environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
Participates with Technology management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests.
Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the support delivery process. employees in this job code do not manage people. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.