Reports to the Vice President of Finance. Responsible for organizing, planning, and directing the activities of corporate wide Patient Access and Scheduling departments. Develops, recommends, and administers departmental policies and procedures, and through subordinate supervisory personnel, directs the efficient operation of this company's Patient Access, and Scheduling and the maintenance of established policies and procedures.MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
JOB SPECIFICATIONSEducation and Experience
- MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart.
- VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
- SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on their team.
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree program in business administration or related, a Master’s Degree is preferred Five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience, including three years of experience supervising and managing a major component of a Hospital or Medical Group's Patient Access department, is required.Knowledge & Skills
- Requires a thorough knowledge of Patient Access including governmental and commercial insurance requirements, managed care contractual requirements, patient eligibility, utilization management and revenue cycle requirements to ensure appropriate payment for services provided.
- Requires an individual who is a self-starter and possesses excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to balance people, process and technology to provide for a smooth, accurate and timely intake process.
- Demonstrates the administrative and managerial skills necessary to direct a number of organizational components and subordinate personnel and to achieve and maintain a highly motivated cohesive work group.
- Demonstrates the analytical skills necessary to develop, evaluate, approve or recommend changes in policies, procedures, and staffing levels that affect Patient Access and Scheduling.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to interact effectively and communicate in a highly effective manner, with physicians, all levels of leadership, staff members, contracted vendors, industry resources, and a diverse clientele.
- Works in an office environment.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.