Summary of This Role
Analyze business requests to be solved with automated systems. Formulate and design automated systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provide expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements and are within stated sizing estimates. Configure system settings and options; plan and execute business design, assist in integration and acceptance testing, where necessary; and create specifications for system to meet business requirements. Include analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. What Part Will You Play?
- Begins to develop working relationships with client end-users, programmers and test analysts while assisting with the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems. Assists with the identification, definition and documentation of business specifications. Maintains communications with end-users for feedback to ensure systems continually meet the client's expectations. Analyzes basic problems and issues (complexity varies based on data requirements and business specifications) and offers standard business solutions. Coordinates and facilitates client meetings.
- Develops simple business specifications and logical flowcharts that include features and functions from which programmers can create technical specifications. Demonstrates a basic knowledge of systems/modules to design system screens and database structures. Works with programmers to design and develop requirements and learns to analyze the feasibility of new systems and enhancements to existing systems. Prepares input for system design, including final report and screen definition, logical system flow and implementation plans. Provides support with the resolution of issues that may cross multiple systems and affect the business process and tracking of application incidents/issues; becomes familiar with how to identify system impact of changes in the business, user needs, external business environment and operating systems.
- Develops documentation to include, but not limited to bulletins, manuals, file layouts and application design layouts for internal, client and training purposes. Assists with the preparation and coordination of client training and documentation for installation of systems and upgrades. Tracks and learns to document changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed, universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training. Assists with coordinating documentation and client follow-up evaluation monitoring; post-implementation problems and revision requests. Maintains and administers procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge to conduct and support testing/planning/validation by clarifying the intended functionality. Participates in the resolution of issues to ensure a successful implementation. Tests and learns to analyze possible courses of action and solutions. Assists with coordinating implementations including vendor and in-house testing, readiness assessment, training and hardware capacity evaluation.
- Assists with the project planning efforts on small development efforts. Tracks project progress, collects and analyzes information and trends, and communicates to the user community any anticipated schedule deviations. Maintains software deployment plans as directed.
What Are We Looking For in This Role? Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; or equivalent training or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Professional experience working with end-users to meet business needs
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Scripting knowledge, bankcard industry knowledge, understanding data structures, professional experience working with end-users to meet business needs
- Working towards a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Problem Solving - A seasoned, experienced professional with strong problem solving skills and problem resolution based on a broad base of business knowledge