The Monitoring and Event Management Services team is part of the Digital Solutions and Automation Services group which is responsible for all aspects of engineering and support of enterprise monitoring and event management solutions, is looking to modernize and transform its portfolio to meet the firms need for enhanced IT operations functions with proactive and dynamic insight. This role is responsible for the architecture, engineering, development and oversight of new and existing solutions for enterprise monitoring and event management.
The Event Management Engineer will help lead the transformation of the legacy monitoring platforms to a strategic AIOps Event Management solution. As a technical thought leader with a wide experience and knowledge of vendor and open-source monitoring products and solutions, you will use your experience to help shape the future of a new eco-system and deliver a class leading service.
- 7 + years of experience with Enterprise Class Event Management tools and services
- 7+ years of systems analysis experience, systems programming experience or combination of both
- Experience in developing, deploying, monitoring and building large distributed and parallel systems using container technology including Docker, Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Experience with Agile tools
- Experience migrating from a legacy event management environment (i.e. Netcool) to an AIOPS solution
Desired Skills: Experience in supporting monitoring and event management infrastructure for a medium-to-large organization
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Relationship management experience with organizational partners and customers
- Experience with Agile, or Lean methodology
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with infrastructure, application performance, and customer experience tools using Netcool, ITM, Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and SiteScope
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Java, Groovy, Python
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies: o Jira o Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket) o CI/CD tools including Jenkins
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.