Lead and direct employees providing and supporting patient care through the continuum of the surgical process. Develop, assess and improve service plans. Partner with medical staff and administrative leaders to attain key strategic objectives. Meet department cost, quality and service goals.
- Develops, assesses and improves service plans to respond to customer expectations and organizational objectives. Develops, implements and monitors standards for clinical and technical excellence. Works collaboratively with WPMG and other medical staff and operations leaders to attain service objectives.
- Develops and interprets financial, utilization and service quality reports and provides leadership utilizing current and projected data to facilitate decision making. Recruits, hires, orients, leads, manages, develops, disciplines and terminate employees when necessary. Prepares and presents performance evaluations. Establishes staff development and training plans. Monitors progress of skill development.
- Work collaboratively with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington and other medical staff and operations leaders to attain service objectives.
- Builds effective communication systems to support the clear flow of information across multiple service locations. Ensures staff awareness of KFHPW, state and Medicare regulations and policies.
- Organizes, facilitates, coordinates and participates on departmental, division and KFHPW-wide committees and work teams.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive operating room or related clinical or management experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Leadership, communication, interpersonal, customer service and analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial principles.
- Proficiency with computer applications and related technology.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse client base.
- MSN, MBA, MHA
- CNOR or CSSM or CPAN