Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides support in the strategic positioning of this company's products and services in order to meet member needs, build company revenues and meet corporate objectives within assigned region (s). Coordinates the development, implementation and administration of programs and policies for specific property/casualty (P&C) insurance lines underwritten by ACIA and affiliates. Assists management in reaching targeted goals for product premium volume growth and profit and loss results within assigned region/state. Works with other product managers to ensure alignment and the successful development of the entire product line for this company. Identifies, forecasts, integrates and communicates market trends to develop pricing structures and rate revisions for assigned region (s).
Provides recommendations to senior management regarding new/revised Property & Casualty products and programs. Assists with filings for state insurance departments. develops and maintains required manuals and materials in support of pricing and policy revisions for the product management team. Participates in the development of marketing and sales programs for this company's personal lines products. Provides high level analysis of information regarding competitors, product performance and general insurance and market issues. May act as a company representative in the interaction with independent insurance agents, vendors, insurers, trade associations, insurance bureaus, government agencies, etc. Participates in the department process related to the selection, hiring, training, development, coaching, review and counseling of assigned staff.
May directly and/or indirectly supervise a staff of technical and/or professional personnel who may be distributed in one or more physical location.
- Master Degree or higher in a Technical or Quantitative field (Engineering, Finance, Math, Business, Marketing, etc.) or professional insurance designation (FCAS, CPCU, etc.)
- product management in an Insurance, Financial Services or related business environment
- property/casualty or *commercial business environment
- supervising staff
- coordinating/controlling major projects (feature or system changes from a Product Owner/business perspective)
- Guidewire Policy Center Experience
- Production Support process experience
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Travel may be required with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts or other field of study.
Experience to include one or more of the following:
- market planning including the development of annual objectives, strategies and programs for defined business segments
- managing rate revisions including planning and implementing product/pricing changes
- researching, developing or enhancing property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
- pricing new/current property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
Knowledge and Skills:
- current property/casualty or *commercial insurance programs and products, underwriting rules and requirements, forms and processing procedures
- regulations, policies and procedures of various regulatory agencies
- marketing and research concepts and techniques
- reinsurance principles
- financial principles
Demonstrated skills in/with:
- leading a technical/professional staff
- coordinating department activities
- organization, planning and budgeting
- analyzing, problem solving and decision making
- development and coordination of projects
- recommend new casualty or *commercial insurance products to meet market needs
- represent this company in interactions with trade associations, insurance bureaus, government agencies, and other insurance companies
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- manage and conduct in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market and property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.