The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Capital Projects Manager. Major areas of responsibility include:
Assists with necessary clerical duties such as filing (paper and electronic), faxing, copying, scanning, making telephone calls, and completing small projects for the Capital Projects team.
Maintaining calendars for scheduled meetings as needed, project-related or otherwise, and ensuring required documentation and information is available.
Maintaining order and organization throughout the Capital Projects office environment, including office supplies, document control, drawings, etc.
Preparing construction project pay application for payment processing.
Assisting in managing cloud-based construction management software (Procore) for all district construction projects such as:
Maintaining current drawings and project documentation
Contractor invoice timing and defined workflow
Generating timely project status reports
Coordinating defined workflow with all other service providers (architects,
construction managers, etc.)
Assisting in coordinating the Owner provided material and equipment.
Assisting in managing the Capital Projects website.
Supporting Capital Projects Manager and all Team members as required/requested.
Performing other duties as assigned by the Capital Projects Manager.
Three plus years of administrative experience, preferably in a construction or construction-related field. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills; substantial technology experience including advanced skills in MS Office and cloud-based systems such as G Suite for Education (Google). Experience with Procore would be highly beneficial. Must be comfortable working collaboratively and effectively with multiple team members and external professionals in a challenging and fast-paced environment. It is essential that candidates be able to communicate and deal tactfully with staff and various publics including parents, students, staff, building level and central office administrators, community patrons, and public and private agencies.
1. Seldom = Less than 25 % 3. Often = 51 to 75%
2. Occasional = 26 to 50 % 4. Very Frequent = 76 % & above
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time (3)
● Ability to carry 25 pounds (2)
● Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations (4)
● Ability to see for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies and other
printed matter (4)
● Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels (4)
● Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation
● Ability to operate office equipment (4)
● Ability to reach in all directions (4)
● Amount of force to push / pull up to 15 pounds (3), 25-30 pounds (2), and 50 or more (1)
● Amount to lift 25–30 pounds (2) and 50 or more pounds (1)
● Climbing (1)
● Overhead work (1)
Resume and cover letter. Also, please provide a list of references for the past five years related to the scope of this position.