ServiceNow Solution Architect participates and actively supports our client’s business initiatives by building reliable, efficient, scalable and business-oriented solutions based on the Now platform. They are involved in design and architecture of complex systems on all levels, from legacy migrations of ITSM tools, through core platform setup, to integrations, automations, and orchestrations. The Solution Architect is responsible for delivering the Technical Architecture and Design, as well as technical mentoring and enabling the team to deliver world class solutions using the NOW platform. Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Provides top level business and technology architecture consultancy services to our clients.
- Brings thought leadership and innovative solution ideas to clients.
- Responsible for client technical deliverables including client design documents and proposals under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Enforces systems design and architectural standards, maintains best practices and drives the core principles throughout the systems delivery lifecycle.
- Provides input to Statements of Work (SOWs) and assists in presenting proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Works with Customer Managers, Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Solution Designers, and senior levels stakeholders.
- Collaborates with a larger group of Business SMEs, solution, and technical architects to set technical direction for the delivery of solutions.
- Provides input to the design of ServiceNow-based industry vertical solutions as a recognized Architect leader.
- Supports implementation programs for complex enterprise scale solutions.
- Maintains ServiceNow certifications with the latest delta exams.
- Achieves additional certifications as dictated by changing business needs.
- Establishes self as, and serves as active technical liaison between client and ServiceNow product group.
- Assists in gathering and reviewing client’s business objectives and provides the appropriate technical design, addressing both their short-term tactical needs, and their long-term strategic needs.
- Review’s business requirement documents and/or user stories and provides technical solutions to align with those requirements.
- Provides technical design details in user stories which are complete, easy for developers to understand, and ready for development.
- Provides guidance, leadership, and technical oversight to technical resources to ensure best practice development on engagements.
- Provides input to the Release Planning sessions and Knowledge Transfer sessions.
- Coordinates with QA resources to ensure test cases are properly written / executed from a technical perspective.
- Provide hands-on development, when necessary.
- Accountable for all technology related client facing and internal deliverables.
Education & Work Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSL, REST Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, SOAP, SCP, FTPS, JSON
- Directory service integration experience (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
- Single Sign-on using various authentication methods (token, SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0)
- Experience developing and implementing systems using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Micro-services architecture knowledge, enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with other ITSM software (BMC Remedy ITSM, Service Center, Cherwell, etc.)
- Ability to design, architect and configure multiple applications / modules in the ServiceNow platform
- Ability to design, architect and configure complex integrations between ServiceNow and third-party applications.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills at executive level, and ability to adjust for audience appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced knowledge of business process mapping software such as Visio.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Proven experience in ServiceNow implementations, acting as a Solution Architect
- ServiceNow Fundamentals Certification required
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist in one domain required, more preferred
- ServiceNow Developer certification is preferred
- Proven work experience running workshops, building out strategic roadmaps and being able to defend architectural and technical deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position must maintain emotional control under stress. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally the employee will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting and transporting of materials - up to 20 pounds, the ability to problem solve and retain information. This position also requires frequent travel, a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and attending conferences
Qualifications: Technical Skills
SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Service Now PL1 Required
* Proficiency Legends
Proficiency Level Generic Reference
PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.