SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting
- 3-5 years of general accounting
- Prefer 5 plus years of job cost accounting experience
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions
- Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position
- Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Yardi Construction experience a big plus
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook applications
- The salary range for this position is $65K - $75K/year
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Embodies this company's Core Values
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Positive attitude, organization with excellent attention to detail required
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Must have excellent organizational skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The phrases "occasionally," "regularly," and "frequently" correspond to the following definitions: "occasionally" means up to ⅓ of working time, "regularly" means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and "frequently" means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical real estate construction environment. The employee must complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job's duties, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.