The Senior AML Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for conducting exploratory analysis and for designing targeted AML query tools through the collection, aggregation, and assessment of bank data. This role provides recommendations to improve existing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing monitoring methods and/or propose new methods based on statistical analysis of data combined with knowledge of regulatory requirements, suspicious activity typologies, and AML red flags.
The AML Data Analytics Specialist is also responsible for leading/supporting ad-hoc data mining efforts to support Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) investigations, leading/supporting Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) reporting initiatives, and presenting analysis/recommendations through the appropriate governance channels. This role works closely with the BIU Sr. Manager and AML Data Analytics Manager to support monthly BIU alert ingestion, and with other stakeholders throughout the U.S. AML Office and Enterprise AML Office to support BIU analytical development.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of new AML analytics & reporting solutions.
- Provides advice and guidance to FIU and external stakeholders on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of BIU strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Coordinates the management of databases, as required; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance of query/tool development and addresses any issues with efficiency/effectiveness.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Applies scripting/programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Develops agreed analytical solution by applying suitable statistical techniques (e.g., A/B testing, prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence) to test, verify, refine hypotheses, as required.
- Summarizes query/analysis findings and draws conclusions and presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and apply use cases.
- Supports development of tools and delivers training for data and analytics, as required.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate regulatory changes