This company creates custom, powerful tools for our clients and employees, and Mobile Engineers are a critical part of bringing those experiences to life. Be a part of our dynamic and award-winning Digital Banking team and help us take our experience to the next level.
Our team builds this company's Online Banking, Mobile Banking apps and a number of other tools that bring the concept of Financial Wellness and Money Management to more than 3 million people across the country and from all walks of life.
On our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the consumer mobile application engineering (hybrid based app on iOS/Android), which includes design & development, app store deployment, instrumentation, performance enhancements, roadmap planning, and continuous improvement of the mobile platform.
- Assist and oversee mobile engineering efforts across our digital banking team (our digital teams are organized into ‘squads’ with 3-4 engineers on each).
- Be an active member of our Platform Squad, where you will help set the standards for mobile engineering practices across the digital team, along with providing technical leadership in designing solutions, mentoring other developers, providing code and design reviews.
Our team works well together, and while we’re looking for strong, talented Software Engineers, we are really looking for friendly, hard-working, fun-loving people who enjoy interacting and leading others.
If this is you, we’d love to have you on our team!What we’re passionate about:
- Designing and developing software using modern industry standards and frameworks
- Delivering software in small batches; creating early wins for our clients and business, then iterating
- Building relevant, resilient and secure experiences for our clients and employees
- Furthering the skills of ourselves and those on our teams
- Evangelizing our technology to other teams in the bank and the industry
- Lead the technical advancement of our Consumer banking mobile applications through the platform team by creating roadmaps for continuous improvement, version upgrades and helping us become aware and keep pace with ever changing technology.
- Participate in all aspects of the Mobile software development lifecycle - including technical design, refinement, estimation, documentation, build, test and run - within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Provide mobile design, development and deployment leadership and expertise.
- Ownership of the mobile tooling and build processes, including app store deployment and management.
- Responsible for performance tuning and instrumentation of Consumer banking mobile applications, including troubleshooting and resolution.
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, solution architects, technical leads and other developers to translate wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
Required Experience / Skills
- Embrace the established standards and best practices that currently exist for software applications, and contribute ideas in these areas to keep our technology moving forward.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and efficiently with other developers on the team to ensure clarity and alignment, and to achieve the highest quality code & product.
- Report status and work progress to tribe and platform lead as requested.
- Create technical documentation as required in the form of technical specifications, and project artifacts.
- Assist/Mentor other developers on the team in software development best practices and continual improvement of service.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- Passion for delivering quality software, and experience leading and mentoring senior developers in ensuring design and coding best practices and standards are followed.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in iOS and/or Android native Mobile development.
- Experience in building hybrid & native based iOS apps using Objective-C and/or Android apps using Android Studio/Java.
- Experience with client-side UI frameworks like Angular or React in a mobile context.
- Experience with automated builds & processes, Fastlane, shell scripts, .xcconfig.
- Experience with TestFlight, adding new users, adding release notes, managing versions and build numbers.
- Experience building mobile apps using Cordova and Ionic (or other similar mobile development frameworks).
- Experience with app provisioning and all the associated processes – identifiers, profiles and certificates.
- Experience in Linux/Unix/Mac OS X based environments, comfortable working with command line tools & scripting.
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, SonarQube.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, CI/CD, testing automation and TDD.
- Experience working on teams that have employed agile and lean methodologies.
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar frameworks.
- Experience using CSS Preprocessors (preferably SASS).
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Experience working with mainframe & banking software systems desired but not required.
- Experience working with an application container platform using docker.
- Experience with GIT and GIT Workflows (gitflow, pull requests, etc.)