The individual in this role will leverage their technical expertise, business acumen, delivery and leadership skills to build and lead a team in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining features within our digital home lending originations platform and its associated integrations. This individual will apply contemporary technology and frameworks to evolve and modernize this company's DevOps culture within our Home Lending Originations technology space.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES
- Develop a commanding understanding of our Home Lending Originations technology stack and associated integrations
- Raise our collective engineering IQ and help foster a DevOps mentality within our team
- Work with architects, analysts, software and test engineers to design and deliver customer features and automation to our technology stack using continuous delivery practices
- Drive technical design and delivery of cross-platform solutions and features leveraging both employee and contract engineers
- Own the improvement and outcomes of all technical aspects of our Home Lending Originations technology stack including performance, stability, supportability, scalability, extensibility, security, and compliance
- Understand the Home Lending Originations business processes and customer experience
- Understand the technology landscape and trends in the Home Lending Originations space and apply to the environment/architecture where applicable
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Must have clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Create a supportive and collaborative work environment, where talented employees can thrive
- Monitor and adjust processes to accommodate business needs and promote team strengths
- Keep projects on track and prepare for future projects. Work with other departments to make both strategic and operational decisions
- Assess feasibility, plan, and coordinate timely completion of projects, while improving functionality and stability of the system as a whole.
- Guide business towards accomplishing their goals, while managing expectations based on available resources
- Oversee development of software through the entire product lifecycle in a fluid, fast-paced Agile environment
- Lead discussions to decide on new platforms, microservices, architecture, design patterns, coding conventions, and best practices
- Manage product quality and adhere to regulatory policies by providing appropriate code coverage, test automation, documentation, thoroughness in design and implementation.
- Balance competing priorities to ensure we effectively ship new features while resolving defects and managing technical debt
- Guide the team in using existing frameworks and architecture, including cloud-based infrastructure, vendor API, SaaS, and CI/CD. Adapt these for improved effectiveness, changing business needs, maintainability, and flexibility
- Take technical ownership of projects, in terms of timeliness and quality. Find solutions when no one else on your team can.
- Ability to influence, persuade, and manage conflict
- Ability to build trust, inspire others, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, build consensus, attract top talent, and match employee skills and goals to project objectives
- Strong technical leader as well as an independent, critical, and analytical thinker who can rapidly adapt to changing business and organizational demands
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of Java, databases, and web-related servers.
- Knowledge of Java 1.6+
- Knowledge of Agile, SDLC, and QA processes.
- Experience in large, diverse technology environments
- Home lending originations experience
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines and devops practices
- PMP or CSM Certification
- Java 1.8
- Spring MVC
- PostgreSQL, Hibernate and other ORMs, Spring Data, and QueryDSL.
- Tomcat, Heroku, and AWS
- FICO Blaze and other Business Decision Servers, OutSystems
- REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of the Agile process and Test-Driven Development
- Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Authorship of independent projects
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science
- Bring an engineering culture to every problem
- A strong understanding of web applications and related architecture, specifically client side MVC and RESTful services.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
EQUIPMENT USED/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to input commands to computers