This position will be remote during the pandemic and then transition to the physical Administrative Office when/if returning to the office. This will be discussed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Support this iconic brand by leading a high-performing team to uncover insights with data science and other analytical approaches to drive acquisition, retention, and generate revenue.
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, an innate ability to generate business value using analytics, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This person will love solving challenging business problems to increase sales and/or reduce expenses and will be passionate about finding creative, practical ways to drive organizational strategy.
- Identify opportunities in the organization where analytics and data science will generate value.
- Meet with business partners to understand their most challenging business issues and design practical, yet impactful, data-driven solutions to help solve their business challenges.
- Lead the development of data science and analytics solutions with business leaders in membership, insurance, travel, distribution, and automotive services.
- Develop data science project plans, manage deliverables, and measure ROI for data science initiatives.
- Leverage your unique analytical abilities and business experience to distill complex analysis into actionable, compelling recommendations for business partners
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing training, thought leadership, and mentorship.
Manages a team of Data Scientists with varying levels of experience and skillsets.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading a highly skilled team of data scientists
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or related field.
- 3+ years managing direct reports highly skilled analysts/data scientists
- Proven experience leading high-performing teams.
- Experience using creative and innovative analytical approaches to solve challenging business problems.
- Experience in translating statistical analysis into compelling stories that inspire action
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to identify and cultivate new business opportunities
- Ability to successfully communicate with Executives, Mid-Level Manager, Marketing Strategists, and Business leaders to identify business problems and opportunities, design and implement the best analytics solution and communicate the results of analytics projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the ability to communicate technical concepts in the context of the business problem, using easy-to-understand business language.
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and other data science related work.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
This company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.