The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of this company’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA’s principal objectives are to advance the firm’s risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA’s risk managers play a meaningful role in this company’s investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skills to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
RQA is committed to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose. Fixed Income Risk Management
You will partner with the fixed income businesses to deliver independent risk oversight, risk advice, and provide quantitative analysis to assist with portfolio construction, performance measurement, product design and investor engagement. We have two positions available, one each in both San Francisco and New York, covering active multi-sector fixed income investment businesses. Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to taking a lead role in facilitating discussions with portfolio managers on all aspects of the portfolio construction process, working with portfolio managers to understand the exposures and risks taken, and providing the necessary risk oversight by ensuring that senior management is advised of risks.
- Partnering with senior risk managers to help ensure that the risks are fully understood and are consistent with clients’ objectives and risk constraints
- Regular monitoring of portfolio risks and presenting pertinent analyses on markets, portfolio risk and performance drivers to portfolio management teams
- Partnering with various groups within BlackRock in developing new and improving existing analytics and quantitative models to advance the state of quantitative risk management
- Understanding how macroeconomic factors and market dynamics drive the investment decision-making process
- Helping portfolio managers with portfolio construction and scenario analysis
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience in risk management, research, or portfolio management.
- Experience with Aladdin infrastructure and production process highly desired and a strong plus
- Expertise in fixed income products, investments, and portfolio construction techniques; Experience of equity risk management also a plus.
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple but impactful terms in order to influence portfolio construction decisions
- A passion for applying quantitative techniques to real-world problems including analyzing portfolio risk taking and understanding financial markets
- Extensive experience with factor models, scenario analysis, stress-testing, performance attribution, and other risk-related metrics and tools
- An advanced degree in mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative field
- Proven coding skills, i.e. Python, R etc.
- FRM and/or CFA designation is a plus