This position will partner with the respective business teams to implement and administer Human Resources programs in a variety of areas including talent management support employee relations performance management talent development and employee retention. Also partnering with other Human Resource functions like Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Benefits. This position will serve as the first line of support for day-to-day inquiries of Team members and assist in coaching and guiding on routine matters. The Human Resource Generalist should be a highly customer centric individual with a bias towards change and the ability to assist in propelling team success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a strategic member of the Human Resources team and execute against organizational business plans.
- Performs broad professional Human Resources responsibilities to support policies and programs including orientation compensation performance appraisal processes benefits management including annual enrolment affirmative action equal employment opportunity complaint investigation and HRIS.
- Provides counsel in the interpretation and application of company policies through effective guidance for managers and Team members ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Supports implementation of HR initiatives involving organizational culture change management leadership development and career development.
- Supports the hiring process for all roles below the Vice President level including working with leaders to develop and revise job descriptions completing necessary job requisition forms and partnering with talent acquisition to ensure timely posting of open positions and may participate in the talent selection process as needed.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition the position assists in leading onboarding for new hires for supported groups.
- Work with leaders to effectively create performance plans; ensure effective documentation and collaboration with compliance and / or legal.
- Conducts necessary workplace investigations and ensures effective tracking and responses to claims.
- Owns administrative activities of HR reporting metrics; verifications; headcount; exit process; and employee transactions.
- Education: BA / BS degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience: 2-4 years previous HR experience working in an HR business partner environment preferred; 1 plus years previous work experience; previous HR experience a plus.
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Special Skills: Experience in labour relations; conflict resolution; progressive HR project work preferred. knowledge of compensation, administration, performance management, and benefits management preferred. Proven track record of building strong relationships vertically and horizontally within an organization. Possesses high standards of ethical behaviour. Skilful in listening and ascertaining the needs and concerns of people and in communicating information concerning processes, policies, and procedures, with accuracy and clarity. Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Able to analyse data; handle competing priorities; and adapt comfortably to interrupted workflow.