We’re a culture that:
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company. This includes accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments and tax
Global Banking and Markets Finance strives to be a valued business partner to the company's trading, corporate and institutional banking businesses. Our first priority is to operate a series of key control processes to ensure the integrity of GBAM's financial results. Then we build on these activities to offer performance insight to business leaders. The assets of Finance are its people.
Business Finance Officers/Control (BFO/BFC) Partners directly with our Front Office LOBs providing strategic guidance and insight; Performs the product control function to ensure the integrity of our financial results Valuation Analyst – Global Mortgages & Structured Products Finance (GMSP)
The Global Banking and Markets CFO Group has an opening for a Valuation Analyst in the Mortgages Price Verification Group. The PVG team is responsible for developing and maintaining valuation methodology, tools and techniques used in independent price verification and fair value assessment. As a valuation analyst, you will contribute to the development and implementation of the independent price verification of mortgage backed securities and loans. Key Responsibilities:
Enterprise Role Overview
- Verify trader valuations for Mortgage Backed, Asset Backed and/or Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities and loans
- Partner with Global Valuations Group, Quantitative Strategies Group, Markets Technology and Market Risk to enhance current IPV methods
- Research, develop and incorporate existing and emerging market data sources into IPV processes with a focus on fair value and understanding valuation uncertainty
- Identify, prioritize, refine and execute on business requirements that add value, improve the firm’s control infrastructure and analytical tool
- Serve as an SME in product knowledge for mortgage backed securities and loans trading
- Individual Contributor is responsible for the price testing methodology of complex instruments / risks. Works with Global Valuations Group, Quantitative Strategies Group and Technology teams to develop valuation control methodologies and tools
- Actively monitors the valuation / pricing risk of these portfolios. Understands the liquidity of the market and pricing dynamics of the traded instruments and risks.
- Ensures that valuation methodology is consistent with risk replication and trading / hedging strategy. Understands the operation of valuation models at detail level
- Valuation Analysts possess broad knowledge of financial markets and products with a quantitative background and programming skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Data Science or a related field OR Equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Financial and Database Software – The candidate should possess advanced Excel skills and be familiar with Intex pricing tool.
- Product Knowledge – The candidate will have a detailed understanding of RMBS and/or ABS obtained during experience at a bank, pricing vendor, consulting firm and or other types of financial institutions. Ideally, a good understanding of the broader operation of capital markets and FICC products.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills – Able to clearly document and communicate findings to team members, supervisors and trading desks.