Strategic Assurance & SOC Services: Organizations face a growing list of IT risks that can result in negative financial performance, reputational damage and loss of customer trust.
Our professionals assist organizations in assessing needs and developing solutions to satisfy the full range of compliance and reporting mandates, including those related to System and Organization Controls (SOC) reports and other attestation reports and IT controls. Strategic Assurance and SOC Services Manager
The Attest Services Manager is responsible for delivering a full range of services to our clients in accordance with Statement of Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 18. These services include readiness assessments, examination engagements, review engagements, agreed-upon procedures and compliance attestations primarily focused on system and organization controls (SOC) 1, 2, 2+ and 3.
The role is involved in all phases of the work including prospecting, proposal writing, planning, execution and report delivery with strong project management discipline overlaying all phases of the work. Relative to client delivery, the Attest Services Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the sales process including networking, proposals and oral presentations.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements.
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete SOC 1, 2 and 3 projects as well as other special attest reports in a wide variety of industries.
- Manage client administration including engagement letters, billings and budgets;
- Manage SOC engagements and the preparation of SOC reports in compliance with firm and technical requirements.
- Assist clients in applying key frameworks including SOC 1, SOC 2, HITRUST, HIPAA, Sheltered Harbor and NIST.
- Execute assigned SSAE 18 client engagements from start to completion, which includes the overall planning, execution, direction, and completion of engagements.
- Utilize a disciplined project management approach to manage projects and effectively communicate with team members and clients.
- Supervise, train, and mentor assigned staff members and assess the performance of the staff members for their engagement reviews.
- Evaluate and test client-related business process and information technology controls and identify areas of risk for each.
- Apply current knowledge of information technology trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other opportunities for overall process improvement.
- Work with assigned team members and client personnel to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues.
- Maintain professionalism and rapport with the client. Proactively interact with key client management to manage expectations, help ensure client satisfaction, meet client deadlines, and resolve any problems.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, MIS or related field preferred. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of six years of progressive audit experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering controls based services including SOC reports, auditing Information Technology General Controls (ITGC’s.)
- Managers are required to possess one professional certification from the following list: CPA, CISA, CISSP, or CISM.
- Security experience or training.
- MS Project is a plus.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.