LOB Specific Description:
The PRO Trades Support team is set up as representatives of MLPRO as an authorized participant and is responsible for the placement and settlement of ETF (Exchange Traded Funds) creations and redemptions in support of the prime broker clients and internal trading desks who engage in this business. As such, the team is divided into 2 units. The Order Placement unit which liaises with clients and the placement agents to place such transactions and the Settlement Oversight unit which oversees the settlement process of the ETF and its components.
Specific Functions include the acceptance, placement and booking of creation and redemption orders/requests, timely and accurately responding to internal and external inquiries, reconciliation of intercompany accounts, continuous testing of ETF application as upgrades are deployed, Fails Management which includes collateral posting, liaising with Settlements, other internal/external parties, reconciling outstanding fails and monetary amounts. Required Skills:
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- 5 years of financial services experience
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Ability to perform efficiently under high pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- ETF product knowledge
- College Degree
Enterprise Role Overview:
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Follows established written procedures and guidelines, provides technical and analytical support in a global markets operations support function for one or more operations product areas. Uses established techniques to analyse and resolve complex operations support problems/initiatives requiring exception handling and/or coordination of multiple operational and/or product/services specialists to resolve.
May assist in managing projects and/or introduction of new initiatives, systems, products and services and processes coordination across multiple operations functions. Employees will have college degree (Associates or higher) or comparable work experience. Required skills include:
expert Excel knowledge, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines, ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, ability to work in a team environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders. Desired skills include:
Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar major preferred and a basic understanding of and/or experience in financial service industry. To be used for employees in Global Markets only.