This is a database technical position specialized in Microsoft database platform, mainly in MS Azure cloud, MS SQL server, Synapse, etc. The technical architect will work in the enterprise data solutions and engineering team within Walgreens Technology Service Division. The responsibilities include: Set standards and creates design documents that ensure consistency in various Microsoft database platform deployment and setup in all environments, including on premise and in Azure Cloud across the IT organization. Works with other infrastructure architect teams, participates in the definition of Microsoft database architecture to ensure that the IT organization's database solutions are built consistent across the organization and aligned to strategy.
Follows development cycles, builds and implements different database environments. Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods. Strong advanced knowledge and hands on experience around Azure Cloud and Microsoft SQL Server, Synapse is necessary for this role. Knowledge about other database platform such as CosmosDB, MongoDB, Snowflake, etc, is a plus. A strong technical background with the ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and platforms is essential.
• Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
• Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
• Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
• Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
• Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
• Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.