The Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) & Derivative Core Operations (FDCO) team perform end to end trade control, confirmation and settlements processes across FICC businesses and provides utility OTC derivative confirmation and settlement services for non FICC businesses.
Within FDCO, the teams provide multiple services such as FICC trade control, Foreign Exchange (FX) electronic matching and settlement, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation and settlement, and commodities operations. Job Description
Special Situations Group Structured Trade Control analysts produce detailed daily reporting in support of the Credit Asset Funding and Collateralized Loan Obligation desks. The analysts review lending assets, client reports, collateral eligibility and instrument static data to produce detailed client and risk reporting. In addition they support the market making trading activities across primary and secondary CLO trading, ensuring accurate, timely and complete trade capture.
The analysts work with CAF and CLO Trading and Credit Risk partners to ensure that lending products meet all risk criteria. Analysts will become familiar with Leveraged Loan/High Yield Bond market terminology and in preparing internal & external reporting. SSG-Structured analysts work with our technology partners to build out our reporting platform and to produce ad-hoc reporting using loan market data from vendors such as Markit and Bloomberg. Trade control analysts will liaise with the CAF & CLO Trading Desk, Technology, Loan and Collateral Operations, Finance, and Settlements daily in support of the business. Analysts utilize reconciliation tools to help them analyze & clear breaks in support of our lending facilities. Responsibilities
- Produce and analyze detailed reporting highlighting the client's adherence to deal covenants
- Timely response to client queries regarding the settlement of their trades
- System break analysis, and resolution
- Work with Trading and Technology partners to prepare and test new deal reporting
- Liaising with other internal departments to ensure timely resolution of Client inquiries
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Highlight any collateral deficiencies to CAF desk
- Liaise with internal partners to ensure proper client reporting and assist with regulatory reporting
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Must be client focused with proven track record of excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present to an audience
- Ability to successfully navigate and connect within a matrix work environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to operate successfully in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented with a heavy focus on monitoring clients adherence to limits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with a wide user group across multiple functions.
- Significant control and risk management mindset.
- Previous experience within a client service team with particular focus on responding to client inquiries
- Knowledge of Operational Risk
- Working knowledge of building and maintaining Alteryx workflow
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg API functionality and ability to navigate Bloomberg screens
- Working knowledge of corporate loans market
- Credit Derivative and Total Return Swap background
Enterprise Role Overview:Responsible for maintaining already developed Trade control processes, e.g., Trade booking, trade validation and ongoing trade maintenance and reporting. Requires product knowledge, knowledge of financial instruments accounting relevant to the area supported. Delivers support for new products and initiatives, provides analysis and KPI/MIS reporting. College degree (Bachelors or higher). Required skills include: expert Excel knowledge, financial products knowledge, ability to analyze, reconcile, and interpret large amounts of data, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines, the ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, technical fluency, with ability to learn new systems quickly, the ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, the ability to work in a team environment, the ability to adapt to and take ownership of change and excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders. Desired skills & knowledge include: experience using Bloomberg, accounting knowledge, economics, business, mathematics, finance, accounting, or similar major. Desired experience includes Internship experience, have 2 to 3 years of experience in the Financial Services industry, experience in working with financial reports, and the ability to effectively manage difficult internal and external client situations. This job code is to be used for employees in Global Markets only.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.