Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank.
Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Participates, contributes and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor. Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology (ERFT) at Bank of America
Who We Look For:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
This company’s associates are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Global Markets Risk Technology team within Risk and Finance Technology consists of extremely talented engineers, who develop industry leading risk framework models and platforms.
We are looking for looking for a talented and highly motivated software engineer with distributed computing technologies experience or knowledge in Python, C/C++ or Java to help further develop an Apache Spark based distributed analytics platform. The right candidate will help deliver new functionality to the Treasury business to be more effective in managing the bank’s capital reserves. Role Overview:
We are looking for a talented Python developer to work in the Market Risk Technology team in New Jersey within the Global Markets environment.
This role is well suited to an enthusiastic developer with 8+ years of applicable experience. A good knowledge of Python is necessary. Experience in Quartz and Java is a plus.
This exciting role is well suited to strong developers with a keen interest in investment banking. The candidate will be contributing to some of the most significant risk projects in the organization. The successful candidate will work in a highly agile environment with a global team of colleagues in Ireland, the UK, India as well as the U.S. Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology’s COO team is looking for motivated new talent to improve the execution of the internal control discipline and support operational excellence. This role will oversee Risk & Control activities for technology teams within Enterprise Finance Technology focused on risk self-identification, risk and control assessment, risk indicators and metrics, issues management lifecycle (identify, open, manage, close), audit/exam activities, and policy related compliance activities. Required Skills:
- 8+ years of relevant IT software experience
- Full Stack Developer with 4+ years of OO programming experience in Python
- Proven database development experience with DB2/Sybase/Oracle
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with Quartz
- Experience working with Scala / Java
- Investment Banking Domain experience – Risk and/or product knowledge
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum team