Are you an Investment Accounting professional searching for a rewarding, significant, multi-faceted opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? If you pride yourself on building positive relationships, developing process solutions and bringing strategic visions to fruition, then look no further! This company is pursuing an Analyst to become a part of the team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept rare skills, eagerness, and passion while supporting the freedom to grow authoritatively and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At this company, we strive to equip our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. Our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join the team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Our Investment Accounting Group provides accounting and regulatory data services to insurance clients. Our accounting services include the reconciliation, tracking, accounting for assets, along with preparation and oversight of monthly packages and regulatory schedules.
Responsible for handling all aspects of accounting and reporting services and meeting the needs and evolving priorities of our clients. You will focus on delivering this company to clients by supporting the monthly accounting close, leading client/department initiatives, improving the process and controls using capabilities of other parts of the this company organization as the need arises. You will have the opportunity for continued professional development with a career path within the group, or into other operating teams or client-facing business areas across this company. Our suite of services provided to our clients offers opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths.Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a detailed knowledge of this company’s capabilities, products and services for insurance companies
- Responding to daily inquiries from clients requesting of information
- Completing all daily reviews of exception management tool for accounting
- Responsible to deliver accurate investment reporting for clients through preparation, review and ensure distribution of various accounting packages and reporting schedules
- Completing all quarterly/annual NAIC reconciliations and reporting in compliance with US Statutory guidelines
- Providing complete and accurate review of data to clients’ book of business
- Analyzing accounting data and providing commentary regarding results, call out to senior team members when required
- Assist in client or department projects and initiatives to improve the service offering
- Use learning tools and trainings to deepen understanding of accounting policy and pronouncements to ensure reporting follows the standards
- Learn and promote the use of technology to better serve our clients
- Understanding of investment accounting product mechanics including debt instruments, equities and derivatives
- Minimum 1 years of confirmed experience in investments/markets with degree in relevant field
- Ability to prioritize multiple request and time management
- Teachable to learn new processes and adapt to changing environment