Responsible for managing the daily P&L and valuation process and risk reports for Hedge Fund Services clients. The Product Control function within HFS is responsible for valuation, daily and monthly P&L reporting, end of month pricing substantiation and end of day positional risk reporting.
1. Manages the daily P&L and valuation process covering various cash securities and derivative products.
2. Prepares daily P&L and risk reports, as well as P&L attribution and explanation to clients.
3. Prepares and manages monthly (or more frequently as required) price verification process and associated reporting.
4. Manages any necessary model review process and associated documentation.
5. Coordinates monthly close process with corporate/fund accounting.
6. Engages with clients and valuation vendors to complete review of new products.
7. Prepares presentations and analysis as required on trading strategies, process improvement, and valuation analysis.
8. Designs and implements process improvements to improve daily P&L and price verification process.
9. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
10. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
11. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
12. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
13. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred Excellent oral and written communication skills are required In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge is required