LOCATION: Chicago, IL POSITION SUMMARY
This position is an individual contributor role responsible for sourcing and selling this company's deep stack of restaurant technology and payments solutions.
In close partnership with the sales development team (inside and field), the relationship management/customer success, the sales executive closes new business (SaaS conversions, renewals) within the installed base and with “net new” customers.
As the in-market hospitality solutions expert, this individual develops and executes a sales strategy to win business within assigned territory that is managed, tracked, and reported in Salesforce.
The Sales Executive is responsible for managing the end-to-end sales process (needs and technical requirements analysis, proposal development, and closing) through the order booking. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Grow market share through sourcing and closing new restaurant sites with this company's Solutions & Payments.
- Develop client focused, ROI-based solution sales plans that leverage strategic account and prospect planning skills and emphasize value-based selling.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach, clearly identifying key decision-makers and influencers/champions at the prospect level and create a strategy to implement an appropriate plan to penetrate.
- Develop a competitive market growth strategy to maximize the deployment and share of this company's POS and payments solutions within assigned territory.
- Build, maintain, and capitalize on a foundation of internal and external industry networks to uncover incremental business opportunities and develop a business solution that demonstrates NCR's value and its impact on the prospective customer.
- Sales Process/Activity Management: Strategically design a plan to effectively manage territory to maximize incoming orders as necessary to meet annual performance objectives.
- Qualify opportunities where NCR is best positioned to win and assist in development of an account plan to ensure mutual objectives of the this company's/Customer relationship are realized.
- Meticulously use Salesforce CRM to log all business development and account activity.
- Forecast sales (booking and revenue) with realism and precision.
- Gain customer commitment, build momentum, and accelerate the sales cycle, while working with key influencers throughout the sales process to minimize issues at closing.
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities sufficient to meet sales objectives and execute to winning those opportunities.
- Upon securing official order commitment from customer, work with project management and relationship/customer success team to transition account control responsibility, including solution delivery.
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent sales experience
- 2+ years of experience in outside POS or cloud sales, restaurant technology/merchant processing (payments) sales, or business development (ideally) in the hospitality vertical
- Proven success in consulting and/or solution sales environment
- Previous experience with software and services organizations that sell Point-of-Sale, Payment Applications, Above Store, Kitchen Production and/or Marketing Programs
- Must have working knowledge of CRM solutions such as Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics 365. Recent Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong executive presence –this role will have extensive executive visibility both internally and externally. Effective written and oral communication skills required
- Integrated payments (merchant processing) sales experience
- Deep experience and understanding of the hospitality/restaurant market, industry trends and related competition
- Project management skills; client and business plan management proficiency
- “Hunger to Win / Refuse to Lose” sales mentality