Under general supervision, is responsible for verification, settlement, and life cycle event processing related to client transactions. The Middle Office Asset Servicing function is responsible for security master management, corporate actions, entitlement tracking, OTC derivatives, fixed income/foreign exchange trade processing, trade capture, clearing and settlement, end of day trade match, trade fail management, expiration services and break resolution.
1. Affirms OTC trades from prior trade date.
2. Ensures timely receipt of electronic-based OTC confirmations from trading counterparties.
3. Ensures accuracy of transaction agreements and modifications.
4. Assists swap confirmation team in covering all OTC products such as total return swaps, equity options, structured equity products, convertible bond options, credit defaults and fixed income products.
5. Assists in proper operational reflection of OTC trades
6. Reviews the booking of corporate actions and dividends/coupons to ensure it affects the position properly.
7. Assist in developing and implementing projects and software which promote automation and efficiency as well as work with IT in the development/enhancement of trade entry.
8. Efficiently identifies and resolves transaction discrepancies between firm and swap counterparties.
9. Processes all aspects of periodic resets for vanilla and exotic IRS, CDS, and TRS products. 10. Carries out activities with financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. PeopleSoft) is required