LOB Specific Description:
The Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) & Derivative Core Operations (FDCO) team perform end to end trade control, confirmation and settlements processes across FICC businesses. Within FDCO, the teams provide multiple services such as FICC trade control, Foreign Exchange (FX) electronic matching and settlement, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation and settlement, and commodities operations. Job Description
FDCO Trade Control organization (formerly known as Middle Office Trade Support) is seeking a qualified individual to support the trade-capture workflow for the Central Funding Desk (CFD) within Global CPM (Counterparty Portfolio Management) business, with a focus on Structured Notes and related hedge products. The CFD desk is responsible for the issuance and risk management of the bank’s Structured Notes portfolio.
The CFD desk issues structured notes with underlying exposure across multiple asset classes – Equities, Credit, FX, Rates, and Commodities. The role of a Trade Control professional supporting this business primarily consists of: assisting the business with trade bookings of complex derivative products across multiple trade capture systems, understanding trade capture risk and underlying drivers of PnL, enhancing current support infrastructure, and performing reconciliation between front-office risk systems and back-office sub-ledgers. The role works closely with multiple business partners, including Front Office, Market Risk, Technology, Finance, and Settlement.
The desired candidate should possess an operational understanding of derivatives products. These would include Structured Notes, IR Swaps, Swaptions, FX Options, Equity Futures etc. The candidate must have excellent MS Excel skills (especially those related to reporting and data validation) and must be an excellent written and verbal communicator. The role is fast-paced and often has simultaneous competing priorities and as such, the applicant must be able to properly prioritize their time and be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment. The role requires all trade issues to be monitored, escalated as necessary, and resolved in a timely and efficient manner. An associate in this role is an escalation point for the various downstream operation teams and support partners on transaction related issues. Cross training with team members supporting other products will be required for coverage purposes. Required Skills:
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Middle Office / Trade Control / Trading Assistant / Fixed Income Operation
- Solid understanding of basic financial concepts such as time value of money, interest rate, mark-to-market, and time series modeling.
- Excellent Excel reporting-related skills
- Detail-oriented to operation trade flow, data entry, and data reconciliation
- Ability to liaise across multiple functional teams to resolve issues
- Ability to operate autonomously without direct supervision
- Ability to quickly analyze and make decisions in the event of a problem
- Ability to quickly grasp new industry practices and create/document new processes
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Macro/VBA Knowledge
- Experience in supporting rates, FX, and credit derivative trading
- Knowledge of financial processing systems and accounting
- Understanding of the “Best Practices” and front-to-back product flow to manage Operational Risk
- Proactive thought leadership to identify and deliver process improvements and efficiencies
- Knowledge of industry regulatory frameworks such as Volcker Reporting and DTCC Real-Time Reporting
Enterprise Role Overview:
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Responsible for maintaining already developed Trade control processes, e.g., Trade booking, trade validation and ongoing trade maintenance and reporting. Requires product knowledge, knowledge of financial instruments accounting relevant to the area supported. Delivers support for new products and initiatives, provides analysis and KPI/MIS reporting. College degree (Bachelors or higher). Required skills include:
expert Excel knowledge, financial products knowledge, ability to analyze, reconcile, and interpret large amounts of data, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines, the ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, technical fluency, with ability to learn new systems quickly, the ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, the ability to work in a team environment, the ability to adapt to and take ownership of change and excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders. Desired skills & knowledge include:
experience using Bloomberg, accounting knowledge, economics, business, mathematics, finance, accounting, or similar major. Desired experience includes Internship experience, have 2 to 3 years of experience in the Financial Services industry, experience in working with financial reports, and the ability to effectively manage difficult internal and external client situations. This job code is to be used for employees in Global Markets only.