This company owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Overview:
This company's Sports & Entertainment team builds dynamic applications using cutting-edge technology to deliver performant, resilient, secure, and scalable solutions across multiple platforms. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. DevOps Engineer
This company's Sports & Entertainment team is looking to add a talented DevOps Engineer to be part of our Cloud Architecture team within the overall Engineering Organization. This company's Sports & Entertainment team builds dynamic applications using cutting-edge technology to deliver performant applications, focusing on user experience.
We are looking for a dynamic team player who is an owner, accountable and passionate about technology. You will be working on high-visibility applications serving millions of users for industry-leading sporting and entertainment events. If you relish having your efforts on display for millions of users - this is your opportunity.
You will become a part of a team that builds and supports applications for a global client portfolio that spans Web, mobile, connected television, and streaming platforms, delivering video on demand and live content to millions of users. Responsibilities:
- Engineer/Develop and maintain Infrastructure as a code and other operational and maintenance scripts
- Participate in overall cloud engineering and architecture discussion and solutions with the various development teams.
- Work with development teams to identify roadblocks before they occur and help develop mitigating plans of action
- Work on Observability and resiliency of the entire application ecosystem, leveraging the APM and monitoring tools and custom scripts/solutions.
- Standup and maintain various development, testing, staging, and production environments and blue/green deployments
- Automate the CI/CD pipeline and leverage tools and applications related to it and continuously improve the process and technologies around it.
- Ensure that the application configurations and keys are secured with the best security practices. ·
- Work cross-team with security teams on regular security scans and audits of the applications. ·
- Ensure that the cloud-native services and components adheres to the AWS well-architected pillars of operational, security, reliability, performance, and cost.
- Participate, facilitate, and/or lead large or complex troubleshooting activities that require significant judgment and reasoning outside the area of expertise
- Communicate, plan, provide status and resolve issues related to new cloud engineering initiatives.
- 5+ years of prior DevSecOps experience on cloud-native web portfolio, microservices, and other software components.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration and a good understanding of the core networking fundamentals
- Strong cloud engineering experience primarily on AWS, preferably with AWS DevOps Engineer or AWS solution architecture certification.
- Experience in working with Terraform, Ansible, and Chef for infrastructure automation and configuration
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes on platforms such as AWS ECS and AWS EKS
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Golang, and C++ is a plus
- Experience with APM and monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus/Grafana.
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases like AWS Dynamo DB and MongoDB, graph DB such as Neo4J, AWS Neptune.
- Experience with application caching solutions like AWS ElastiCache and CDN application/tools like Akamai, Cloudflare · Experience with project management and workflow tools and concepts such as Jira, Agile, Scrum/Kanban, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and tools and security scanning tools/products · Experience in software development and infrastructure as a Code development process and · Proficient in Git, Git commands, and various Git workflows.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, CircleCI, Fastlane, etc.
- Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to explain protocol, processes, and cloud architecture with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps or DevSecOps Engineer/architect or similar role
- Experience on cloud computing platforms like AWS and CDN like Akamai amongst others.
- Experience working on applications and streaming products that support linear video streaming and VOD content is a plus