LOB Specific Description:
The Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) & Derivative Core Operations (FDCO) team perform end to end trade control, confirmation and settlements processes across FICC businesses and provides utility OTC derivative confirmation and settlement services for non FICC businesses.
Within FDCO, the teams provide multiple services such as FICC trade control, Foreign Exchange (FX) electronic matching and settlement, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation and settlement, and commodities operations Job Description
Trade Support and Control for the U.S. Treasury, Agency, & Short End Desks. Responsibilities will include trade entry, capture, reconciliation, and reporting. The associate should have a good working knowledge of various rates-centric fixed income products and their lifecycles. The associate will be expected to collaborate with our support partners to maintain, develop, and implement effective globally uniform workflow controls. The associate should possess strong decision making skills and be able to navigate risk and uncertainty.
The associate should strive to bring new thoughts and ideas to the team in order to drive innovation and unique solutions. The associate needs to be able to work under pressure in a fast pace environment and possess strong communication skills; be willing and open to take on new challenges and opportunities to ensure business and operation needs are met. The associate needs to be able to prioritize, display strong self-organization and multi-tasking capacity, while being able to manage time appropriately. Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include trade capture, lifecycle event processing, reconciliation, and reporting. Monitor trade activity to ensure trades are matched and sent for settlement processing. Monitor PnL and Risk for the various desks supported. Work on ad-hoc requests from various business partners e.g. BCO, Compliance, and Audit. Provide support for the Fed Operations; e.g. US Treasury Auctions and Coupon Purchases. Work with various operation partners to ensure all trades are processed in a timely manner.
Shows a strong interest in working closely with traders and sales to manage the production flow. Work with development and technology to ensure ongoing business and operation initiatives and needs are met. Ability to make impactful decisions while identifying critical impacts or outcomes. Ability to display strong attention to detail skills. Prioritize and manage time effectively Required Skills:
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm and people with different experiences and backgrounds
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised. Candidate will be able to manage own time and know when to escalate
- Basic excel skills required to manipulate and format trade data to upload into trading system
Enterprise Role Overview:
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Supports sales and/or trading desks. Responsible for trade capture and resolving trade discrepancies. Liaises between trading, trade support, sales, counterparties, counterparty credit, operations, and compliance. Participates in the introduction and UAT of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls. Handles ad hoc requests from clients and the desk. Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes.
Key Responsibilities Provides support to FO desks, responsible for trade capture/reporting and advises FO of position adjustments and/or discrepancies. Tracks and verifies trades and checks accuracy of processed trades. Performs a liaison function between originators and traders. Updates front office on prices and or yields and market movement and assist in sales and trading activity. Incumbents have a thorough understanding of the firms activities and their assigned product area. Works under the supervision of senior staff. Will typically have 3+ years product / trading floor experience.