Provides technical and analytical support in a global markets operations function for one or more operations product areas. Responsible for the analysis and resolution of complex operations problems and initiatives requiring exceptional handling and/or coordination of multiple operational and/or product specialists to resolve. May manage projects and/or the introduction of new initiatives, systems, products/services and processes, coordinating necessary expertise across multiple operations functions and/or products.
As a technical expert, may also function as an informal team lead, providing work direction and technical guidance to less experienced employees in resolving complex transactions and operational problems. Requires extensive experience in an operations support function with thorough working knowledge of fundamental business structure and operational aspects for specific transactions and products. As a technical expert, will consult on a wide variety of topics across functional and business support lines. To be used for employees in Global Markets only. Responsibilities:
- Confirmation of loan documentation for accurate trade settlements
- Drafting and Confirmation of loan documentation related to trade settlement within the syndicated loan market, inclusive of trade confirmations, assignment and acceptance agreements and funding memos for accurate trade settlements.
- Provide syndicated loan trading support in the areas of trade closing, research support, sales support and account management support
- Partner with Sales Associates, Traders, Research Analysts, trading counterparties, internal and external attorneys, administrative agent banks and various other internal operations groups
- Manage post-trade management and logistics, settlement pricing and closing coordination
- Manage post trade activity and logistics, inclusive of document negotiation and trade settlement pricing.
- Process and technological improvements to shorten closing times and lessen post-trade risk associated with counterparties and borrowers
- Validation of loan commitments, interest payments, and fee payments
- Report monitoring and reconciliations
- Analysis and resolution of operational problems
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Breaks investigation and resolution
- End to end processing of loans with accurate data input into various credit and operating systems
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- 3-5 years minimum of experience within the syndicated loan market
- Available to provide premium client service and manage the relationships between internal and external clients
- 3 years of experience within financial services industry
- Basic understanding of credit documentation (e.g. Credit Agreement) in order to perform detailed reviews for accurate settlement and servicing
- Presentable, confident and client focused
- Excellent communications skills and proficiency with numbers/calculations
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm and people with different experiences and backgrounds
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Candidate will be able to manage own time and know when to escalate
- Knowledge of operational risk
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, willingness to continuously learn on the job
- Ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements
- Previous experience or knowledge of primary and secondary loan trading preferred
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.