The Video Streaming Engineer will be responsible for building and supporting business critical video systems and video-related cloud solutions.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with NBC D2C engineering and technical teams to implement frameworks to create and manage video-on-demand assets delivered directly to the consumer.
- Design and deliver cloud and on-prem workflow solutions. Work with technology partners, site engineers, and vendors to implement smart technology solutions and tools.
- Work with NBC internal digital media teams (advertising operations, analytics) to deliver and train on solutions across D2C digital properties, including Peacock.
• Expertise in encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies.
• Expertise in audio/video codecs (AVC/HEVC/DD+, Atmos), HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision), DRM technologies (Fairplay, Playready, Widevine).
• Expertise in dynamic ad insertion, both client-side and server-side, technical architecture and design implications for each.
• Expertise in cloud VOD transcode and packaging services.
• Knowledge of VOD video workflows in the cloud and in on-prem/off-prem environments.
• Knowledge of cloud delivery (AWS is a plus).
• Knowledge of streaming video delivery, video origin architecture, and issues of scale for video delivery.
• Knowledge of scripting and light coding to support software workflows and testing.
• Comfort with the Software Development Life Cycle and software-based tools and workflows.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, debugging and decision-making skills.
• 5-7 years of experience working in video delivery Eligibility Requirements
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
.Desired Characteristics :
• Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness
• Energy, commitment and solution focused, ability to perform under pressure and meeting stretch targets