Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as an IT Finance and business function expert on one or more teams, representing the operational cost interests of one or more business units. Identifies cost estimates and forecasts for projects and IT Operations. Provides guidance/training to other team members/business partners to improve cost performance. Develops and analyzes data models and reports, and prepares recommendations for management review. Provides expert advice, guidance, and counsel to team members/business partners regarding budget and forecast development. Leads activities related to conducting complex analysis, evaluating alternatives and making recommendations for innovative and effective business solutions. May lead a team of individuals to complete specific project tasks.
Develops project and IT Operations Budgets and Forecasts as well as cost optimization recommendations for as projects and IT Operations plans. Updates status of project/business solution to management over the course of the project. Develops, reviews, revises, and updates documentation pertaining to Budget and Forecasting processes. . Provides expertise and makes recommendations regarding changes/enhancements to Financial Systems applications/technology across multiple business areas. May act as a liaison between assigned department/project and internal and external contacts.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Operations Research, Information Technology or related field.
- Apptio Certified Practitioner or CTBME Designation
- Experience using Apptio Planning; Cost Transparency Modules
- Related professional or technology certification/designation.
Works in a remote/virtual environment. Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience in budget and forecasting for IT Project Portfolio and IT Operations.
- Business planning and consulting
- Researching, analyzing, identifying, and resolving moderately complex to complex business problems
- Participation on project teams
- Developing cost data models using spreadsheet applications
- Analyzing cost data models/reports and preparing recommendations form management review.
- Providing guidance to less experience staff/team members
- Preparing written IT Financial Performance reports
- Knowledge and experience in accounting processes including accrual; capitalization; budgeting; and forecasting processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ,Visio, MS Project)
- Project management tools (GANTT, Pert charts, Project Professional, MS Project, etc.)
- Using Financial ERP System Platform Functions (PeopleSoft; Workday; or other).
- Planning, organizing, and decision making
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of data
- Preparation and presentation of materials
- Achieving stated objectives within designated timeframe
- Explore alternative approaches to existing processes and project objectives
- Perform a variety of concurrent activities
- Work with others in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include report generation and presentation of major reports
Total Compensation Overview:
- This company's Business Consultant will earn a competitive salary of $85,000 to $95,000 annually with annual bonus potential based on performance.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the this company. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement