Responsible for overseeing and guiding the accounting function for WBA global controller team across the organization. Responsibilities may include closing the books under generally accepted accounting principles, performing accounting research, preparing/reviewing SEC financial reporting, developing audit procedures and controls, and working for special accounting functions such as mergers and acquisitions. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies.
- Responsible for accuracy of the financial statements and management reports for specific business unit or function. Works in partnership with business and accounting stakeholders to meet accounting needs of the business.
- Guides and controls the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team as well as the business.
- Reviews accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Stakeholders.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures. Guides and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits. Works with internal and external audit as needed.
- Mentors, guides, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of goals, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; Strengthens morale and motivation.