The Manager position is on the Regulatory Reporting Conformance and Transaction Review Program Team (CTRP) in the CFO Operational Risks and Control Oversight (ORCO) organization of Global Financial Controls (GFC) and is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent assessments through various forms of testing of regulatory reporting. This role develops and maintains a coverage plan which defines the scope and risk-based focus of testing risk management activities. The role will have exposure to a wide variety of the Company’s leadership covering a wide variety of products and businesses.
Responsibilities of the role on the CTRP team include setting strategic plan for reports & schedules to be covered, establishing execution of the multi-year coverage plan, partnering with key stakeholders (report owners, data providers, system owners, testing teams, risk, audit, etc.), providing supervision and oversight of team, reviewing test results for accuracy and socializing with stakeholders.
The program encompasses both critical US Financial Regulatory Reports and recent expansion in to European Regulatory Reporting to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a team, or may act as an individual contributor. This role applies business acumen to promote a culture of risk management and the identification, escalation and timely execution of testing over Regulatory Reports.
- Contributes to or leads development of risk coverage plans, executes and / or oversees execution of independent risk monitoring, testing and risk assessments, communicates results
- Manages business partner relationships for areas of responsibility; primary engagement with senior business leaders, has real-time dialog on risks identified and testing observations.
- Accountable for executing moderate to complex assessments of risks, data and reporting process ranging in scale and scope.
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes and people, process or technology changes, assessing the impact of these changes on the execution of testing and directing the needed adjustments to the plan.
- Analyzes data, ability to translate results into recommended actions and can explain results in a manner that resonates across many different audiences.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, strategic mindset and leads and supports change.
- Owns and communicates importance of operational effectiveness; drives continuous improvement.
- The Sr. Reg Testing Specialist may prepare materials for GFC ORCO regulatory exams/audits/inquiries and may provide consultation to business leaders in preparation for FLU/CF regulatory exams/audits/inquiries.
- ~6 years working in either an Audit / Risk / Compliance type function with specialization in US Regulatory Reporting or directly in Regulatory Reporting preparation or data supplier
- Critical thinker, strategic mindset, high energy and intellectually curious
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong partnership and relationship management skills; ability to work across functions and organizational lines/levels
- Ability to communicate complex test results in a clear, concise and partnering manner
- Financial Services or similarly regulated sector
- Education to Bachelor Degree level as a minimum. Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Strong background / ability in documentation
- Excellent communication and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, focus on high quality execution and leading efforts