Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for fund accounting activities for Hedge Fund Services clients. The HFS Fund Administration group is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support. The HFS Fund Administration group is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support.
1. Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
2. Report and analyze financial data to be disseminated to our clients and their investors.
3. Close monthly books and records of the funds to general final performance figures.
4. Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds¿ activities.
5. Prepare financial statements for funds.
6. Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund¿s annual financial statements.
7. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
8. May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management.
9. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees.
10. More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
11. Delivers a work product that requires less revision.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred Excellent oral and written communication skills are required In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge is required