We’re a culture that:
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company. This includes accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments and tax
Global Banking and Markets Finance strives to be a valued business partner to the company's trading, corporate and institutional banking businesses. Our first priority is to operate a series of key control processes to ensure the integrity of GBAM's financial results. Then we build on these activities to offer performance insight to business leaders. The assets of Finance are its people.
Business Finance Officers/Control (BFO/BFC) Partners directly with our Front Office LOBs providing strategic guidance and insight; Performs the product control function to ensure the integrity of our financial results.
The Global Mortgages Structured Products (GMSP) Business Finance & Controls (BF&C) team is part of GBAM Finance and provides financial control over the mortgage trading line of business as part of the Fixed Income suite of products. The Charlotte BF&C group is responsible for the daily analysis, control and reporting of trading revenues for GMSP. Responsibilities include:
Required skills include
- Analyst responsible for analysis and verification of P/L and risk positions for the RMBS trading desks. Estimate trading P/L for trading desks based on daily market movements, explain differences to reported P/L, and communicate analysis to traders, Finance management, and other business partners.
- Work with analysts producing daily P/L to provide guidance on exceptions, complex transactions, and significant risk items.
- Work with Trading and Technology groups to implement enhancements to current infrastructure.
- Create tactical solutions to critical questions and enhancements.
- Consult with various Finance analysts on design and creation of tools used to support the business.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and understanding of product and trade life cycle flow.
- Responsible for end to end daily P&L and B/S production processes.
- Performs ledger closing of books during month end, posts journal entries, prepares and may review FOBO reconciliation between systems.
- Coordinates and resolves any system discrepancies.
Desired Skills include:
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- Prior experience with P/L and risk processes
- Experience with applying risk factors to explain P/L movements
- Exposure to a trading environment
- Very strong Excel/tech skills
- The ability to analyze, reconcile, and interpret large amounts of data
- Strong detail orientation
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, technical fluency, with ability to learn new systems quickly, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of mortgage back securities and accounting of financial instruments.
- R-Studio; Python, Tableau, Alteryx, Fin Tech automation tools