About this role
This company’s unique approach to portfolio management requires development of custom software to ensure efficient and accurate execution of our daily tasks. Therefore, security, accuracy, and reliability are paramount, considering the volume of business that this company handles daily. As a QA Engineer focusing on data test automation, you will be a part of our highly collaborative Systems Development team. You will play a key role in ensuring that every release of our software performs as specified by the business owners and fulfils this company’s high standards in security, accuracy, and reliability.
- Participate, alongside the development team, in gathering requirements and processes to be implemented into this company custom software ecosystem.
- Proactively explore for weak and failure points in requirements, user stories, and test cases, and imagine ways our data integrity may be compromised.
- Collaborate with our data and application architects to guide quality criteria, process gates, and test strategies in the evolution of our application infrastructure.
- Guide the evolution of this company's QA strategic and technological evolution, taking into consideration this company’s business strategies.
- Research new technologies to improve our efficiency and to keep up with current software development best practices.
- Collaborate with other QA engineers to design, prototype, and implement new strategies, tools, and/or concepts.
- Drive the overall quality process by encouraging discipline in versioning, documentation, and deployment processes.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Eight-plus years of software testing or software development.
- BS in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, or a related field; or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong foundation in RDBMS, SQL, and application infrastructure technologies.
- Strong skills in object-oriented programming languages (Python highly desirable).
- Intimate familiarity with QA concepts: white-/black-/grey-box testing, acceptance/regression testing, system integration testing, performance/stress testing, and security testing.
- Experience with good programming or scripting practices and tools: code review, distributed repositories (Mercurial, Git), and CI techniques and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for soliciting relevant information for a project from different teams.
- Endless curiosity and ability to spot failure points.
Highly desirable skills/experience
- Experience with data flow tools and processes: data ingestion, ETL processes and tools (e.g., CloverDX, Microsoft SSIS, etc.),
- Familiarity with Agile software development process.
- Experience in security testing.
- Related experience in the financial or investment sector is a big plus.