Enterprise Role Overview:
Working independently, maintains and enhances relationships with existing institutional clients. Promotes investment product sales through frequent client meetings and discussions covering investment strategy, account performance, new products, and market developments. Works closely with sales, portfolio managers, product specialists and/or client service staff to coordinate all sales and support activities for assigned accounts.
Covers medium-sized and/or less complex institutional accounts. Has a thorough understanding of the assigned accounts' requirements. Provides guidance to more junior staff , but has no formal supervisory responsibility. Has five or more years of portfolio management, sales, marketing, or relationship management experience. Often has a CFA. Possesses a strong knowledge of the firm's products and services. Based on performance and experience, does not have the prominence of a Senior Level I.
LOB Specific Description:
As a Client Relationship Manager/Client Service Representative (CSR) you will be the main point of contact for Bank of America Merrill Lynch customers dealing in Futures & Options and OTC clearing. The primary functions of this role are to provide client support with trade/position management, relationship management, and field market/product inquiries across the derivatives space. This role will be supporting top tier institutional clients, which will require outstanding customer service to enhance the overall relationship.
• Subject matter expert for client queries regarding trades, positions, lifecycle events, commission, reporting, product offering
• Navigate the organization (central point of contact for client) by doing research and/or internal outreach to get responses to client queries and escalations
• Escalation point for clients as well as internal teams that are looking to drive resolution on critical initiatives
• Coordinate outreach and understand clients’ intentions around last trade date, esp. on physically settled contracts, and options expiries
• Coordinate client requests for additional access to the Mercury portal
• Establish frequent dialogue with the Marketing team keeping them abreast of client concerns or product asks and tracking this via internal databases
• Establish regular meetings with priority clients to drive discussions around metric trends, outstanding issues (OILs), and strategic industry focus areas.
• Meetings should encompass a holistic view of the operational side of the relationship (Product, Collateral, Brokerage, Clearing, etc.)
• Meetings should have set agendas, accompanied by presentations where applicable, and should be followed up with call reports
• Work with Client Service Relationship Managers to establish prioritization on priority client OILs, keep OILs updated in SharePoint, and ensure regular focus on moving solutions forward
• Work with clients to move them toward self-service opportunities on the portal, reduce client accommodations, and use etask/tableau metrics to look at opportunities for reducing manual processes
• Maintain client profiles, procedures and up to date contact information
• The role will demand that the candidate is a strong communicator and leader, as the function demands frequent interaction with business partners as well as clients
• The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be an effective multi-tasker
• The candidate should be able to act without immediate supervision and have the ability to take ownership of tasks/processes
• The candidate should be able to evaluate the risk elements of such a client facing role and ensure tasks are carried out in a controlled fashion
• Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• The candidate must be well versed in client execution and clearing, for both futures and derivatives products on global markets
• Knowledge of industry rules and regulations, as well as common street wide business practices is required
• The role will require the candidate to take and pass their Series 3 Exam within 3 months of hire date
• Candidate should have experience with GMI as well as other systems associated with cleared Futures and Derivatives
• Experience working in a global environment with outsourced partners would also be considered as a benefit
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the margin process for futures and options
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
• Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world