This position is part of the Exchange Traded Derivatives Reconciliation team at this company. On an annual basis the reconciliation team is responsible for reconciling and paying over $600 million (covering several million transactions) of Clearing, Exchange and Regulatory fees per year. This position is primarily responsible for performing transaction level and balance sheet reconciliations of Clearing, Exchange and Regulatory Costs.
This position plays a key role in controlling operational costs and mitigating operational risk. The position is also responsible for preparing monthly ledger account reconciliations for the fee accrual accounts and control accounts in accordance with company policy. The role provides a wide range of exposure to different areas of listed derivatives ranging from client/business queries to IT, Finance, Front Office and Operations.
• Perform Transactional Reconciliations.
• Reporting of aged balances per account reconciliations into an account reconciliation status reporting tool.
• Completion of a monthly roll forward of the account balance for general ledger accounts including fee accrual accounts (Clearing Fees, Exchange Fees, NFA Fee), Introducing Brokers accrual accounts and control accounts. This includes updating general ledger balances, sub ledger balances and queries of sub ledger data.
• Posting non client journals for accounts reconciled.
• Completion of Control Account Reconciliations.
• Management Reporting.
Qualifications/ Key Attributes:
• College Degree: 4 Year Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent.
• Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Previous Futures Operations and GMI proficiency preferred but not required.
• Accounting degree or background in Futures and Options accounting preferred but not required.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Above Average analytical skills, resilient in finding solutions.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• Ability to balance ongoing responsibilities with initiatives/projects.
• Must be able to work without immediate supervision and take ownership of assigned tasks.
• Basic understanding of accounting including journal entries and account reconciliations.