We’re a culture that:
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company. This includes accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments and tax
Global Banking and Markets Finance strives to be a valued business partner to the company's trading, corporate and institutional banking businesses. Our first priority is to operate a series of key control processes to ensure the integrity of GBAM's financial results. Then we build on these activities to offer performance insight to business leaders. The assets of Finance are its people.
Business Finance Officers/Control (BFO/BFC) Partners directly with our Front Office LOBs providing strategic guidance and insight; Performs the product control function to ensure the integrity of our financial results Team/Overview:
The Counterparty Portfolio Management (CPM) finance team is part of the GBAM CFO organization. The CPM desk manages XVA on Global Markets derivative portfolio, this consist of CVA (counterparty credit), DVA (own credit), FVA (funding), Risk Optimization, Collateral Trade Optimization, and any other related future pricing components on the derivative portfolio.
The primary focus of our team is to
1) Review valuations and perform price testing
2) Review and analyze the P&L and risk drivers
3) Review the month end close and perform quarterly disclosures
4) Determine revenue recognition and new deal analysis along with interacting with other finance groups to understand XVA impact on new deal Specific description:
The candidate will work within the CPM Business Finance & Control team and will need to build a strong relationship with the business and other support functions. Strong communication skills, and a technical background in Global markets trading businesses, preferably XVA related. The role will include the following:
- Oversight for the production of Daily, Weekly and Monthly P&L reports
- Oversight on the official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting.
- Regulatory capital disclosures, Price Testing, Stress Test and Forecasting.
- Oversight on the production of monthly price testing/valuation reports.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly close process
- Maintaining/updating valuation adjustment & IPV Desk Level Procedures (DLP)
- Responsible for being audit compliant and meet the regulatory requirements.
- Partner closely with Front Office, Operations and Technology to define business processes and implement related technology solutions.
- Candidate will be involved with complex issues that impact multiple lines of business.
- Communication skills will be heavily utilized through working with the many stakeholders involved with implementation
- Risk and Issue identification, Management, and resolution.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5-10 years financial industry/banking experience - preferred product control experience with derivatives products.
- Strong financial analytics experience (product control/financial analysis exp)
- Advanced experience/skills with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- Candidate must be able to work both independently and as team member
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities (Excel/Essbase)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- MBA, CPA, CFA, or other advanced certification
- Experience with Oracle, SAP
- Control focused, analytical, team oriented, comfortable with complex products