We’re a culture that:
Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve. Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience. Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world. Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company. This includes accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments and tax.
Global Banking and Markets Finance strives to be a valued business partner to the company's trading, corporate and institutional banking businesses. Our first priority is to operate a series of key control processes to ensure the integrity of GBAM's financial results. Then we build on these activities to offer performance insight to business leaders. The assets of Finance are its people.
Business Finance Officers/Control (BFO/BFC)
Partners directly with our Front Office LOBs providing strategic guidance and insight; Performs the product control function to ensure the integrity of our financial results.
Global FX and LCT Trading provides clients with market-making services in foreign exchange (“FX”) spot, swaps, forwards and options in G10 and emerging market currency pairs, local currency bonds and interest rate derivatives. The Global FX and LCT FX Trading line of business (LOB) is divided into eight discrete trading desks with trading operation in seventeen countries.
The AMRS GFX Business Control and Finance team in New York supports the AMRS FX trading desks. This business serves our corporate, financial, and individual investor customers by offering a wide variety of foreign exchange products. Key responsibilities:
- Substantiate the official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting. Oversight of trader T0 flashes and estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level.
- Preparation monthly & quarterly revenue commentary to senior manager and regulator
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity.
- Daily interaction with the Front Desk Trading desk and collaboration with other support teams
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc)
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures and calculation and recording of netting entries
- Perform valuation control including valuation adjustment, independent price verification etc
- Quarterly fair value disclosure
- Assist with new process testing, participate in ongoing initiatives, and ad hoc requests
- BS/BA Degree required (Finance, Accounting preferred)
- 2+ years of professional work experience within the financial services industry
- Control focus, strong financial analytics experience, comfortable with complex products
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, and able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good business partnering skills
- Candidate be able to work both independently and as team member
- Advanced experience/skills with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- MBA, CPA, CFA, or other advanced certification
- Fixed income or interest rate derivative experience preferred
- Experience with Bloomberg, or Hyperion/Essbase/SAP