As part of the Global Markets Equity Operations Business Management team, you will serve as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team whose mandate is to support the organization’s financials, business allocations, and reporting. In the role supporting performance management, you will be responsible for driving enhanced measurements of every phase of the Equity Operations value chain across over 500 employees globally. The business management team works closely with the Equity Operations Executive, COO, and senior leadership team to deliver on the following responsibilities. Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the Equity Operations headcount reporting including financial management, forecasting, cost allocations and people and resource management.
- Candidate will help prepare for monthly and quarterly forecasting process and reporting in partnership with the rest of the business management team.
- Executing on standard for effective performance and risk reporting and tracking to Equities businesses supported by the wider organization.
- Creating and interpreting business analytics to understand areas of strategic improvement for the organizational health of Equity Operations.
- Identify and execute on initiatives to streamline business management workflows with focus on enabling overall department strategy.
- Work with operations risk leads, technology transformation leads and performance management leads to create organizational health strategy and ensure appropriate execution across global organization.
- Lead initiatives, alongside business management team, related to the creation of trade cost allocation for Equity Operations.
- Contributing to Equity Operations metrics strategy creation and supporting subsequent metrics reporting routines.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 3+ years of combined experience in market operations, business management support, or project management
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Proven experience developing requirements, defining processes, and completing documentation
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Teamwork - team player with ability to take initiative/ownership of tasks and partner across the team
- Have an aptitude to learn quickly under pressure and be self-motivated
- Previous experience with forecasting and financial management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Microsoft Access
Enterprise Role Overview:Manages diverse administrative functions usually for a very large, complex department or business unit. Functions managed may include: financial control/budgeting and consolidation, personnel processes, audit/compliance, premises, and coordination of certain projects, associate training, service quality, process improvement, business continuity, or communication. May consult with senior management to define and manage projects that encompass and impact many associates. Requires a thorough knowledge of the department or business unit's functional area or products. Working knowledge of general bank policies, programs and procedures and financial/accounting practices. May have full management responsibility over a team or may manage one level of managers.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.