- Must have previous experience as a team lead or supervisor
- Experience with complex spreadsheets, including familiarity with formulas, macros, formatting, and data manipulation
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead a small team to ensure deliverables are met
- Customer Service skills
- Strong understanding of Merrill Lynch Lines of Business and Operations
- Collaborative mindset with an ability to partner with support teams to find resolution for inquiries
- Ability to quickly learn with a strong ability to multi task
- Career oriented teammate seeking to grow within the organization
- Intellectually curious with a desire to identify and implement innovation
- Ability to load, manipulate and process data using various data base tools
- Microsoft Office application suite - Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Project, Oracle
This is the first level operations managerial position. Performs all managerial functions, leads project work, and continually utilizes independent judgment. Provides day-to-day direction for a small unit or work team in a Wealth Management Operations function in a specific product area of unclaimed property. Focuses on the day-to-day resolution of operations problems and execution of transactions which may require reviewing and authorizing G/L entries and payments, approving exception processing, etc.
Responsibilities may also include controlling workflow, performing routine management functions such as interviewing, training, performance planning, and coaching. The role may also entail evaluation of regulatory and/or financial risks. This associate may review operational procedures and implement changes ensuring enforcement and adherence.
Provides technical guidance to associates to resolve operational problems and may handle exceptional or sensitive transactions. Requires operations knowledge with work experience in the specific functional area or product line managed. Less than 50% of time is spent doing actual production work. Typically 3-5 years of Operations experience with 1-2 years of supervisory experience.