· Minimum of 5 years full-time experience (Personal, freelance or work) with project(s) to back it up.
· Basic to an intermediate working knowledge of PHP/MySQL, experience with popular frameworks is a plus.
· Understanding of Behavior Driven Development or Test-Driven Development, experience in developing Unit Tests
· Must be fairly comfortable with hand-coding HTML5 and CSS3
· Familiar with HTML5 canvas, transitions and SVG is a plus
· Experience with GitHub and NodeJS is required · Demonstrable understanding of web site development methodologies/frameworks
Nice to Have: · You love to be challenged. You respect processes but it’s also why you don’t like corporate structure. You want to be a part of a start-up that is nimble but stable, innovative but not too risky, you want to be able to contribute and not just follow the standards and copy what everyone else is doing.
You love great UX. Although you spend most of your time coding, you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Beautiful UI helps weave your code into an impeccable experience for the user. In short, you care about more than just the code but the entire product and process.
You want to help others. You want to share your knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, and even directly helping customers when the need arises.
You can balance lots of concerns. You can take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can’t control), customer demands, UX research, A/B tests, code quality, our rapidly changing ecosystem of modules, etc. You are able to effectively manage your time. You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.