Global Technology and Operations Finance seeks a qualified individual to support ASC 842 FASB standards for Lease Accounting, and assist with the on-going process. The successful candidate will work in the Forecasting, Reporting, Analytics and Controls (FRAC) team which supports the bank’s global technology infrastructure Chief Technology Operations (CTO) organization, reporting to the finance Manager.
ASC 842 requires we support journal entries, account reconciliations, documentation and administration of SOX controls, disclosure requirements, and handle all compliance and audit requests. The Sr. Financial Analyst will be expected to work with procurement area, Line of Business partners, and finance partners across the bank. The Sr. Financial Analyst will assist in documenting and executing Lease accounting processes and controls, as well as liaise with the third party administrator and Corporate Accounting Policy. The individual will need to be able to analyze vendor contracts and be able to process whether or not a lease exists within the contract. The individual will operate lease accounting software, design and use accounting reports, review journal entries, and support account recons.
This role provides high visibility to internal stakeholders and will provide opportunities for career growth within the position. Throughout the tenure of the role, the teammate should gain knowledge, exposure and overall business acumen to support bank-wide financial management, SEC and regulatory compliance and reporting, and work on international lease accounting topics. Required Skills:
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting for lease transactions (ASC 842)
- Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years Finance experience
- Lease administration experience
- Understanding of Embedded Leases in accordance with ASC 842
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Contract Analysis
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Sarbanes Oxley and/or Audit Experience a plus
- Familiarity with SAP and Essbase