• Develop embedded software designs for sensors and sensing systems for an automotive environment
• Define and create product SW specifications including system designs, feature descriptions and application notes of functional blocks.
• Participate in defining engineering approaches and in planning and scheduling work.
• Create and execute software test plans
• Generate engineering documents: specifications, schematics, BOM, validation reports, schedules etc.
• Sensor and system bring-up, performance analysis and characterization
• Author regular technical communication for executive and cross-functional briefings
• Work cross functionally within R&D, IT and business Strategy unit.
• Follow established procedures and best practices
• B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field, or industry experience equivalent.
• 4+ years experience in a product development role desired
• Expertise in design, analysis, and testing of microcontroller operated digital and analog electronics
• Embedded software development experience/knowledge utilizing various communications stacks and protocols, including on bare metal. C/C++ and Assembly languages required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills
• Good working knowledge of revision control systems like SVN and GiT
• Working experience in an Agile environment
• Experience creating, writing and executing test plans/cases.
• Awareness of vehicle bus and automotive communication protocols highly desired