The Manager, Actuary
is responsible for the financial management of our existing integrated kidney care programs and underwriting new value-based care contracts. This teammate will project manage and lead analysts in completing annual program financial reconciliations, modelling the economics of new contracts, and
developing enterprise risk management capabilities. Duties also include applying predictive models, researching health care industry trends, and developing and delivering executive-level presentations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Manage program financial reconciliations and monitoring developing program experience.
- Develop and lead analysis of drivers of program performance and communicate results to leadership team and internal stakeholders.
- Apply actuarial underwriting principles to value-based contracting efforts, including baseline and trend calculations.
- Create and manage internal performance benchmarks and lead actuarial process and capability development.
- Other duties as assigned
What We’ll Provide:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field- Required
- 4-6 years of relevant actuarial experience
- Successful completion of 2-4 SOA examinations
- Extensive actuarial modeling experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and other applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven complex problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven experience in actuarial project management
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.