We believe this company can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. As a senior operations analyst within Global Markets Operations, you will be challenged to execute that vision.
The Global Collateral Agreement and Data Feed Management team is responsible for managing the data inputs and margin calculations for OTC Bilateral Derivatives, Fixed Income, and Exchanged Trade Products. The position will work on a team responsible for managing the margin calculation process for the Asia Pacific region and providing support to the Global Margin Process. The analyst will have regular interaction with internal customers including Front/Middle Office, Legal Negotiators, Credit Risk, Operations Management and Project Managers tasked with managing the Collateral system enhancements and transitions. Responsibilities:
- Management, monitoring, oversight & control of the daily delivery of multiple Front Office exposure, pricing and agreement feeds into the Global Collateral Management System.
- Detailed analysis on trade & mark to market (MTM) variances, working closely with the global middle office team on potential booking, curve and pricing issues.
- Daily management of various data integrity checks and adjustments on legal documentation.
- Work closely with technology teams to identify and resolve data quality issues which may impact collateral margin calls and create credit exposure to the firm.
- Work with our business partners and other Collateral Management teams on client specific support required.
- Drive improvements in data feed accuracy. Push for STP processes.
- Develop full E2E understanding of collateral management, proactively action and resolve queries and escalate potential risks.
- Review and update all procedures, ensure we are audit safe as a group and maintain the highest standards.
- Support any new controls, reporting and processes that need to be put in place to support the new and existing Regulations.
- Escalation of issues to margin managers, credit risk, middle office & senior management.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- At least 2 years of experience in any of the following disciplines: Valuations, OTC derivatives or fixed income lifecycle, regulatory reporting, operations, collateral management
- Strong data mining and analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Client focused
- Strong communication skills
- Methodical and organized mindset, with attention to detail to ensure data completeness, accuracy and integrity in reporting
- Understanding of financial markets documentations (ISDA, CSA)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Innovative and confident self-starter able to challenge existing process and streamline to yield efficiencies in a complex environment
- Flexible approach to changing business requirements and evolution of role and requirements
Enterprise Role Overview:Follows established written procedures and guidelines, provides technical and analytical support in a global markets operations support function for one or more operations product areas. Uses established techniques to analyse and resolve complex operations support problems/initiatives requiring exception handling and/or coordination of multiple operational and/or product/services specialists to resolve. May assist in managing projects and/or introduction of new initiatives, systems, products and services and processes coordination across multiple operations functions. Employees will have college degree (Associates or higher) or comparable work experience. Required skills include:expert Excel knowledge, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines, ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, ability to work in a team environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders.Desired skills include:Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar major preferred and a basic understanding of and/or experience in financial service industry. To be used for employees in Global Markets only.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.