Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and uses analytic models and assessments to develop comprehensive risk appetite and tolerances throughout the organization. Applies diverse risk analysis methodologies across a variety of businesses, products and companies to solve complex and/or undefined risk and return requirements.
- Analysing the future risks and opportunities of various products / business lines, translating results into risk & return requirements
- Quantifying risk across products, business units and companies using strong business risk analysis skills and understanding, and industry best practices
- Educating business leaders and risk area owners on risk adjusted return and risk adjusted capital analyses
- Applying innovative and analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations for risk appetite, risk tolerances, capital allocations and returns on allocated capital
- Translating recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management
- Producing advanced analytical material for discussions with representatives from various business units / product owners to understand business objectives and influence strategies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or Business Administration
- 2 or more years of quantitative risk management, actuarial, finance, or treasury experience in the property-casualty industry
- Ability to analyze capital allocation methodologies for property-casualty insurance products or investments
- Demonstrated proficiency of insurance-related financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows) including pro forma creation and analysis
- Successful experience leveraging risk analysis to inform and influence business strategy
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of excel modeling/big data analysis
- Knowledge of MetaRisk, R, Igloo, Pythoin, SAS
- RIMS-CRMP, ARM
Works in a remote/virtual environment.
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required.
- 4 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- 2 or more years of required experience must include insurance-related risk management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of data modeling/big data concepts, use of modeling tools, model documentation and validation
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to effective interact directly with all levels of management and employees and influence others
- Project management skills
- Strong spreadsheet, word processing, communication and presentation software (Microsoft office preferred)
- Able to develop appropriate solutions toward identified business issues.
- Team player with ability to also work independently
This company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Total Compensation Overview:
The Quantitative Risk Analyst will earn a competitive salary of $77,500 to $137,000 annually with annual bonus potential based on performance.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the this company. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement