This is a great opportunity to advance your career and develop key capabilities as a Sr. Technology Manager on the Network Services – IP Services Team within the TIS organization. The IP Services team has an immediate need for a Technical Manager, defining and prioritizing the IP Services automation and load balancer products roadmap, owning the services outcomes, and working with customers and engineering teams daily.
This role drives execution of key strategic initiatives in IP Service automation, Load Balancing Architecture and Engineering. Work with Key LOB stakeholders and engineering teams on a daily basis to ensure that we’re building the right service. The role is accountable for analysing present-state of Traffic Management and DNS-DHCP-IPAM (DDI) based services, developing alternative future-state automation approaches, and facilitating service request management. Functions that are managed include financial oversight and integration, service quality, SLAs, service process improvements via automation and stakeholder communication.
Other aspects of the role include identifying customers and key stakeholders needs and requirements, designing and validating concepts, developing business cases, managing service stakeholder collaborations and relationships, partnering with technology teams to analyse and write Business and Functional Requirements documentation, managing services financials, and ensuring SLA adherence. Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for leading the IP Services Architecture, Engineering, and automation teams regarding service delivery of significant business outcomes. Key responsibilities of the role include leading Architects, Engineers and software developers and managing technologies that improve customer experience and operational efficiencies. Other key responsibilities include:
- Effective simultaneous oversight and management of multiple projects/tasks
- Authoring, reviewing, and editing service requirements for development teams to execute in JIRA and Confluence
- Conducting demos for customers/stakeholders on architectural and automation activities.
- Develop and present technical roadmap to customers/stakeholders in regular forums/advisory boards.
- Provide direction and leadership in Architecture, Engineering, and service automation.
- Approving designs to ensure stakeholder/business requirements can be met with proposals
- Ensuring service standards are being maintained including SLAs, etc.
- Participating in evaluation efforts on new vendor products along with the development leads
- 10+ years industry experience inclusive of 5+ years Technical Management experience
- Strong internal and/or industry experience leading organizational and technical infrastructures.
- Demonstrated strong business centric mindset
- Working understanding of Network Infrastructure, IP addressing, IP traffic management Load Balancers, DNS/DHCP, Security, HTTP(S), and Network Monitoring tools
- Experience with engaging vendors, including demonstrated success in technical evaluations and managing vendor product delivery
- Strong collaboration, partnership, and relationship management skills
- Ability to work across functions and organizational lines/levels
- Strategic, logical, and creative thinker with an ability to translate strategy into effective presentations
- Strong and proven ability to deliver results through influence and leadership rather than formal authority
- Proven ability to create business cases and developing support from C-level executives and business partners
- Experience in strategic technology planning and policy development
- Customer-centric mindset and passionate about driving improvements to customer experience
- Results oriented mindset with the drive to deliver exceptional services
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and in Visio
- Proven experience with managing a medium/large project, varying levels of stakeholders and ability to communicate effectively and influence decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with Business and/or technology concentration
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Proven financial management skills with operational budget planning
- Master’s degree or equivalent with a technology concentration
- Ability to see and explain how to exploit automation technology to improve customer experience and engagements
- Ability to develop initiatives and drive cultural and behavioral change across the organization and all levels of the business
- Analytical mindset
- Strategic thinker
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world